EdSource is seeking an executive assistant/office manager.
This is an opportunity to be part of a small but dynamic team developing new strategies for engaging Californians in the crises facing public education at all levels in the state and nationally.
EdSource, a highly regarded organization founded in 1977, provides impartial reports on California education for policy makers, media organizations and the California public. EdSource Today, its journalism arm, produces daily reports distributed online and through other media outlets.
The executive assistant/office manager will provide administrative support to the executive director and help ensure the smooth running of EdSource's office in downtown Oakland.
We are seeking a creative and organized self-starter who enjoys multi-tasking and cares about public education in California.
- Manage the executive director's calendar.
- Serve as liaison to EdSource's 18-person board of directors, including planning Board meetings, logistics and preparing board packets.
- Communicate with foundation staff when necessary, track grant reporting deadlines, and help review grant proposals and reports before submission.
- Proofread written correspondence, agendas and documents.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating EdSource meetings, forums and conferences.
- Represent the organization as first point of contact for the public via phone, e-mail and in-office visitors.
- Maintain a roster of all on-going EdSource projects and deadlines. Track projects and coordinate with those working on them as needed.
- Provide administrative assistance to other senior staff as time permits.
- Help ensure that all office systems and equipment are running smoothly.
- Help troubleshoot basic computer and office equipment issues.
Other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Panorama database software a plus.
- Experience with social media and familiarity with Constant Contact a plus.
- Highly organized, with excellent follow-up and tracking skills.
- Ability to see the big picture, yet pay attention to detail.
- Experience in helping to organize meetings, forums and conferences.
- Ability to work independently as well as be part of a team.
This position is based in downtown Oakland. The office is directly adjacent to a BART station.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. This will be a 4/5th time to full-time position, with terms to be negotiated.
Please submit a short cover letter explaining your interest in this position, a resume, a short professional writing sample, and your compensation requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EdSource is an equal opportunity employer.