2011 Forum Video Excerpt: How the State Budget Impacts Education Funding
In this video, Mac Taylor and Mark Baldassare explain the connection between the Calfornia state budget and funding for K–14 education.
This video contains excerpts from a session of the 2011 EdSource Forum which featured speakers Mac Taylor, California’s Legislative Analyst, and Mark Baldassare, President, Public Policy Institute of California. To view the full video, and videos from the other sessions, visit the 2011 EdSource Forum page.
Other Forum Links
The 2011 Forum included the following sessions:
- Introduction: Setting the Stage (Forum moderator Carl Cohn)
- Session #1: California's Fiscal Crisis and its Impact on K-12 Education and Community Colleges
- Session #2: California's New Common Core K-12 Academic Standards
- Session #3: Next Generation Learning and Technology
- Session #4: View From the Top: New State Education Policy Leadership
- Closing: Farewell from Trish Williams