Set of 4 Q&As, each 2 pages
This set of four Q&As provides comprehensive information for college-bound high school students and their parents. They cover the topics that all high school students need to know, including:
- What should students do while in high school to prepare for college?
- What factors should they consider to decide whether to attend community college versus California State University (CSU) or the University of California (UC)?
- What are the admissions requirements for community college, CSU, and UC?
- For students who start out at a community college, what should they do to prepare to transfer to CSU or UC, and why would they want to?
- Where can students go for more information?
Presented in an accessible question-and-answer style, each guide addresses a specific area of interest:
A Guide to California's Community Colleges evaluates if a community college would be the right place to start.
Community College: A first step to a bachelor's degree discusses transferring from a community college to a four-year university.
A Guide to UC Admissions Policies discusses the high school courses and placement tests that are required to apply to the University of California system.
A Guide to CSU Admissions Policies discusses the high school courses and placement tests that are required to apply to the California State University system.
The following PDFs have no background shading and may be easier to copy:
- A Guide to California's Community Colleges
- Community College: A first step to a bachelor's degree
- A Guide to UC Admissions Policies
- A Guide to CSU Admissions Policies