If voters fail to pass the tax initiative proposed by Gov. Jerry Brown on the November ballot, some school districts may have to shorten the school year to 160 days. Below is cartoonist Tom Meyer’s take.
Sign Up for EdSource Today
For Reports on Innovations in Education
- California forgoes second NCLB waiver request
- May budget revise offers funding reprieve to some Regional Occupational Centers
- It’s time to fix school discipline practices and policies
- Teacher layoffs lowest since economic downturn, CTA reports
- California needs alternative certification now more than ever
© 2013 EdSource. All Rights Reserved.