May 21st, 2013
U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan appeared today before the House Education and Workforce Committee to promote what he called the "centerpiece" of the administration's 2014 education budget proposal...
May 20th, 2013
Gov. Jerry Brown's call to create regional consortia of school districts and community colleges to administer adult education programs starting in 2015-16 is meeting resistance from education leaders in the Assembly …
May 15th, 2013
Los Angeles Unified is the first district in the state to stop suspending students for "willful defiance" – a subjective category that accounts for 54 percent of suspensions and a quarter of all expulsions across the state …
May 13th, 2013
Kindergarten "redshirting," when parents keep a child eligible to start kindergarten out of school for an extra year, is not as prevalent as previously believed, a new study suggests …
May 7th, 2013
California Attorney General Kamala Harris launched a new focus on truancy as a statewide law enforcement issue with a letter that went to all of the state's county and district superintendents last week …
- Woman who never intended to teach now praised as California Teacher of the Year
- City College of San Francisco receives final accreditation report
- Budget plan makes foster youth a priority, but takes away dedicated funding
- California forgoes second NCLB waiver request
- May budget revise offers funding reprieve to some Regional Occupational Centers
© 2013 EdSource. All Rights Reserved.