May 15th, 2013
Los Angeles Unified is the first district in the state to stop suspending students for "willful defiance" – a subjective category that accounts for 54 percent of suspensions and a quarter of all expulsions across the state …
May 13th, 2013
Kindergarten "redshirting," when parents keep a child eligible to start kindergarten out of school for an extra year, is not as prevalent as previously believed, a new study suggests …
May 7th, 2013
California Attorney General Kamala Harris launched a new focus on truancy as a statewide law enforcement issue with a letter that went to all of the state's county and district superintendents last week …
May 6th, 2013
The California Teachers Association is celebrating the 28th annual national Teacher Appreciation Week with a bigger milestone – the 150th anniversary of its founding. ...
April 17th, 2013
A majority of Californians support Gov. Jerry Brown’s proposal to provide additional funding to districts with more low-income and English learner students, according to a newly released poll by the Public Policy Institute of California. ...
Sign Up for EdSource Today
For Reports on Innovations in Education
- California needs alternative certification now more than ever
- Social and emotional learning gaining new focus under Common Core
- Brown commits $1 billion for Common Core, sticks with funding formula
- Governor tries to fix adult ed plan, but controversy remains
- Community colleges get boost under governor’s revised budget
© 2013 EdSource. All Rights Reserved.